Thursday, August 17, 2006

Momma's got a new ride

Well...I guess it is obvious that we needed a new car after Friday night. Saturday the Lord led us to a "new to us car". We were able to purchase a 1999 Astro Van to replace the suburban. I have driven it to the airport twice this week so it has received quite the workout.

So far...I like it. It seems to have room for everyone plus the things we need to take with us. The previous owners did a nice job of taking care of the car both inside and outside and added many extra features like remote door locks and starters. While these are not necessarily items we looked for when looking for a car they are neat features to have. I am enjoying driving around in a "little smaller" vehicle.

Peter has taken on the responsibility of transferring the 40 gallons of gasoline out of the suburban and into the other three cars. This has been a slow process for him and he has been bitten by many bugs in the process. Thank you, Peter, for doing your part!

So...we are calling this "Momma's car". Timothy has claimed the GEO as Paul will be going away to college next Thursday. Rusty has the fiero...which only he can drive (someday, I must learn to drive that car!) The Astro Van has been getting about 16.9 miles per gallon of gas which is much better than the 11 miles per gallon that the suburban was getting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Russell Raymer said...

Hey, MME - I don't know if Rusty will let go of the Fiero, I remember the last time you tried to drive it ;). - Like the new car!
Glad all is well,
Love,
Russ

10:42 PM  
Blogger Marrena said...

Yes...I have tried to get my hands on the Fiero every since I got stuck on the hill at the stop sign that day. I don't think I will ever live that one down. Rusty doesn't seem to motivated to teach anyone to drive it;-) Of course, Timothy has been trying to take it out:-)

God is in control. It is nice to have a new car.

Loving you too!
MME

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home